Well so much for striking out on the road. Managed to get 6km (to Cizur Menor) when the world fell out of lots of things and I had to return back to Pamplona by bus.
Took the decision that if I was going to have take it easy with the walking it would be better to take it easy during the "real walk" and not the practice one at the beginning. Consequently I got the bus to Burgos, treated myself (thank God) to a hotel room and felt the better for it.
Today was good enough that I got to roam around the Cathedral taking my time to see the various chapels and monumentous variety of artistic output that all that South Amercian money supported. Even bought the wee guide book (in English) and some scabby wee bam whipped it off a table where I had left whilst taking pictures. Well that has out paid to that naafs indulgences.
Took the train to Leon where I reside at present. Back to the peregrino albergues, 50 to a room. Good for the soul, I'm told.
Been to the clinic and got sorted out with potions for the insect bites and resultant swellings so should be ok for tomorrow's attempt at hoofing for God and St. James.
Oh yes, for the readers who are interested in weddings, I have video of two, one in Burgos this morning and one in Leon this afternoon. Boy does this kid get around.
cheers,
ajl
Saturday, 26 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Had a look at the sites on google maps. There are lovely pics and videos of the towns. Burgos has a nice video of a wee guy legging it from the cathedral and clutching a guidebook.
So neither karate or ugliness managed to fend of the beasties.
Hope the rest of the trip goes well
Billy
Hi Billy,
The beasties win every time. I hpe they are tracking the naaf n´cause I do want to meet with him. The karate might do some good then.
cheers,
Post a Comment